Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First Project: Fantastic Plastic 1/72 B-Wing 1/26/08 -- Playing Catch-Up

On this piece there was a really bad stub from the resin that was nearly impossible to remove. I ended up just cutting the piece out and making one from scratch. (piece not finished in this shot)
On the main wing I noticed that many of the panel lines were drawn wrong compared to the reference images I had. Maybe there's another studio model with panels like this but I'd rather just make it how I want :)

In this picture you can see that the cockpit needed to be reshaped slightly. It was kind of lopsided and asymetrical. Once again, maybe this is how it's supposed to be, but I just want to make it how I like it. I only needed a little strip of styrene and some putty to fix this. Very easy

No comments: